Thursday, July 3, 2008

Putnam County Classic 8 miler race -July 4, 2008




Hard to believe that it is July 3 already and the big racing day of July 4 is here!
I am co-race director of the July 4 Putnam County Classic 8 miler, starting at 8 a.m. in front of Mahopac High school ---I am so happy that friends are coming up to run, when they have closer races: Frank (see his 2003 race report on his blog -
www.rundangerously.blogspot.com, Rob, Don and Pam are all running -yippee!!! For any last minute entrants, you can find flyer/directions on www.runner.org
.....
We should have a good race this year --this event has been going on for 31 years, and we have dedicated volunteers!, and the weather promises to be good. Lee and I have been working constantly this past month and all the pieces are in place -of course whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, so I expect some glitches. Just las night I found out that we needed more cash, boxes for water stop cups, pens for registration and more flyer copies! We will have t-shirts and ice cream coupons for all entrants and water stops in 6 different locations -plus food after the race. My brother Bobby's salsa will have chips and dip! The lake course is also beautiful, save for one trafficy area ---here is our 2008 t-shirt, modeled by my cat! You can see our sponsors -Bikeway, Coldstone cremery (they also donated ice cream coupons to all entrants),Mahopac national bank and Bobby's salsa.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So looking forward to it Emmy. Can't wait to see you at the finish. Any thing I can do at the last minute ... please let me know. I've recruited a total of 5 people from the area to run. Yee hah! My husband wanted to know if you were going to hop onto the course after shooting the starters pistol?!?

CTmarathoner said...

Pam --looking forward to seeing you tommorrow --I am thrilled that you recruited 5 runners! Tommorrow will be a 'work/rest' day for me. I plan to be on route 6N directing runners (will get a ride from lead car?)and may have to jog back to finish from mile 3 (about a mile) to then be at finish area. I had asked Lee ow I would get from 6N back to the finish and she said 'run'!!!

TonyP said...

Oh boy...does this mean I have to come run this one ?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which made me laugh more ... the question you asked Lee, or Lee's response! :)

See you in the mornin'!

Anonymous said...

Anthony - YES it does. Bring the fam. My girls will be there. They can all play together.

A Plain Observer said...

Emmy:

Love the shirt design. Wish I could be there, if it wasn't for this unexpected surgery I would have come with a couple of friends but right now, I am lucky if I get a couple of miles in at all. Good luck.

CTmarathoner said...

anthony -geez -you are only running 50 miles on saturday!! So hope you come -will give you the pre-reg discount. Myriam -will save a shirt for you!

DawnB said...

Hope all goes well Emmy and best wishes for a great race.

Laura said...

The shirt looks great, Emmy! Sorry I wasn't able to make it but I'm thinking about joining you for the Around the Lake Ultra at the end of the month.