Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Waveny Park 2-person relay -July 8, 2008







I had a 'fun' evening last night at New Canaan's Waveny Park 2-person relay.
At the very last minute we shuffled around teams so that I ran with Francoise, and John Gibbons ran with Rob. Frank ran with his daughter Katie, and Francoise's daughter Mia ran with her little friend Amy, and Amy's mom. All the girls were good to come out on such a hot night. Francoise ran well (7:30s or better!) and I ran @7s so for the 3 times 1 mile each relay we finished in 43:30. We won our age division (female 100 over) since no one else was in it ---the female 80-99 was fast and faster!! The co-ed divisions were also tough --not sure how Frank and katie and rob and john did but we all ad a good time. The one mile route was tough -grassy and rocky in parts but a nice loop -each partner takes turns running a mile so it is a hard workout ---during the break, you can catch your breath, get some water and even socialize. It's a good speed workout, no matter who your partner, and a fun time! Unfortunately for me, the age-graded 5K is tuesday after the VT 100--no go on that!!!

3 comments:

DawnB said...

Thanks Emmy it was a fun evening. We had a nice turn out on such a hot and humid day. I still don't like myself in pictures, but I'll let it stay :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Great Job !! Looks like a fun SWEATY evening, just the way I like it- lol ...congrats!

Scott said...

Ready for VT? Countdown is on...