Wednesday, July 16, 2008

waveny park x-country series




I volunteered last night at the local cross-country series. Jim was away on vacation so my friends Kathy and Gail were the race directors and they needed help!! So I collected scoretags at the end -its funny how easy racing looks when you are just standing around. I had run 5 miles that morning and swam a mile -wayy too much already for my tender achilles. Am extremely nervous about how it will hold up for VT as the rest of my body feels strong, trained and ready to go...but I also have to be prepared for the fact that I could further strain my achilles on the ups and downs and may have to drop out --that's life -it's only one race..I will try. I am going to need Frank, Rob and I to work together in the middle of the night as the last 30 miles could take 10-11 hours. A full moon will be out!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do great Emmy. Best of luck. Enjoy the moonlit excursion.

Runner Tammy said...

You've done the homework and already know what a 100 miles will bring, so I am sure you will do really well. I will keep my fingers crossed that your achilles do not act up.

Looking forward to seeing you Friday!

Tammy

A Plain Observer said...

Emmy:
Best of luck. Easier said than done but listen to your body. You said it, it's only a race.

CTmarathoner said...

thanks Pam and Tammy and Myriam-I am mostly looking forward to the experience of being out there with our friends.

Scott said...

I'm looking forward to VT! It's hard waiting. Nervous and excited at the same time. I feel good, but is it good enough for 100? I sure hope so! I hope your achilles hangs in there and you can go the distance. I'm sure you will!! Like you said, no matter what, it will be a great experience...

DawnB said...

Emmy have a great race and have fun.