Tuesday, October 21, 2008

black cats in my kitchen





Since it is October and since I collect black cats (just a few and not real ones -my real black cat died last January), thought I would share 2 photos of my kitchen, and one of my kids wearing orange -ha -with white and black cat. Orange and black seem to go together. Some of the cats make me happy because of the people who gave them to me...(actually you can see the potholder that Amy gave me for my 50th, which makes me laugh -and am going to paint a friend's cats, hopefully for the person's b-day, and that will be a happy project)It does make me happy to envision October, black cats, colorful trees and of course autumn running...only if shared of course. off on a tangent, I am reading a book for my book club called 'stumblng on happiness' by Daniel Gilbert --it is not a self help book but has lots of insights and interesting stuff --my friend Christine went to Harvard and he was her psych professor...the premise -if we are lucky enough to find some things that make us happy we must hold on to them...but the book is scientific...right now the author is talking about brain surgery, and how it alters thinking...should be interesting to hear what my book club friends think, after a couple glasses of wine...and finally, my friend Karen Newman goes in for breast surgery tomm...and Myriam just had knee surgery today --wishing a speedy recovery to both of you.

5 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

if we are lucky enough to find some things that make us happy we must hold on to them.

I like that. IF we are lucky enough...that is the thing.

CTmarathoner said...

Myriam -luck is a big IF...
how was your surgery?
when can you start running again?

Meredith murphy said...

hmmmm. i think i need another cat.

Runner Tammy said...

Hi Emmy,

Im with Meredith (although I apologize in Slovenia they seem to not have apostrophes!). But my husband would probably throw a fit if we added to our menagerie.

All of your cats are really cute. And it is nice that zou have fond memories associated with your cats.

Take care,
Tammy

CTmarathoner said...

Tammy ---enjoy Slovenia!! You are so lucky to travel for business. I told Meredith that her cat seemed to be very happy as the 'only' cat bu she can always use another..as for you, you probably have enough cats. It's the expense of feeding and caring for them:( or I would get another also...