Monday, April 27, 2009

NY Bot. Garden photos and Wilton 'where the wild things are' 5K




Above, photos from NY Botanical garden --pink is everywhere!

Frank won overall in 20:35 -his seco9nd career win!

Entrance to nature center and start of the race

The sign directing us into the nature center
the day after Sybil, I decided w/Frank to run this low key half trail 5K --the Hook 1/2 marathon was too long...westport was too competitive...so we decided that this would be a good one to run --plus we would support the Woodcock nature center for earth day.
Well-what a good decision I made:) --First of all, the More marathon was cancelled due to heat so that made my decision to run short easy (as opposed to lake waramug 50K) -and we lined up, and Frank won overall and i came in second. we met some new friends
and the race director was thrilled that we came. For winning we each got a tote bag, nalgene water bottle, hat, and t-shirt --more than I ever expected for my entry fee.
It turned out to be a nice course, too. And I felt Ok racing, as it was different muscles -lol. As I write this Monday though, my quads are hurting and my feet hurt from Sybil...6 miles on pavement is painful..

3 comments:

Runner Tammy said...

Wow,

The race looked really beautiful...I would have been so distracted while running it. But you ran a great race!

Congrats on your second place!

Running a 50 km or half marathon in 90 degree weather might have been good preparation for VT100:-)

A Plain Observer said...

Emmy:

What do you do with all your trophies? if only you could trade them for wine!
Congratulations

CTmarathoner said...

Tammy --it's true --I figure that any race run in adverse conditions is good training for VT!!!
Myriam --I take the plaques off my tophies and save them in a box and give them to my friend Donna who runs a special olympics/kids track meet every summer -the kids love them. Since the trophies have girls on them, she got George buchanan, one of the top runners here in CT, to donate his boy trophies:)